Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Daily life!

Hello again everyone!

It’s Day 11 of my Mexican food hiatus. My body is definitely going through withdrawls. I don’t entirely know how to handle it. Unfortunately, my days do not consist of any mouthwatering Mexican, but on the other hand I am experiencing much better things on a day-to-day basis here in Ireland. And I want to inform you all of what I’m doing and I’m going to let you know what my daily life looks like here on the West coast of Ireland. If you know me at all, you know that I am not a morning person. Because of this, I wake up about 15 minutes (sometimes 5 minutes) before class, roll out of bed, throw on my rain boots and walk briskly to class (not because I’m late, but because it’s usually rainy, windy, cold, or a combination of the three). On Mondays I study Gaelic, Tuesdays revolve around Irish Literature, and Wednesdays are composed of Irish History. On any given day, I sit in class and learn about the various subjects for a few hours, get a break for lunch, and head back to class until 2. After I get out of class, I usually do one of two things: go on an adventure or nap. Yesterday I definitely opted for the nap; I wasn’t feeling all that great and I didn’t sleep well the night before. Today, however, the only option was to go on an adventure because it was SUNNY! Today was the first day since I’ve been here that I haven’t been rained on. It was absolutely wonderful. Instead of speed walking in the rain, I was able to take a leisurely walk, play on the beach, and feed some ponies that I found by the side of the road. After I got back to Park Lodge, our group ate the food all of the cottages had prepared for our pot luck we had planned and watched a movie, Michael Collins, for Dr. K’s class. In between class and supper on a regular day, a few days out of the week I would walk into Spiddal, get some food and maybe a drink at a pub depending on what time I go into town. Any other day though, my cottage would make supper, hang out, read for class, or head to the study room to get Wifi. We don’t have internet in the cottages right now. While it is a little frustrating and something to get used to, I definitely appreciate the lack of distraction from my studies and when I’m through with those, I am able to pick up a good book and relax. As previously stated, I’m not a morning person which makes me a night person. So far, I’ve finished three books plus whatever reading I needed to get done for class.

Until next time,


    Lex.




No comments:

Post a Comment